Self-Cleaning Oven Cause Of Cottage Fire, $2 Million In Damages


A self-cleaning oven was the cause of a cottage fire on Camp Jackson Road on Sunday, resulting in over $2 million in damage.

The Muskoka Lakes Fire Department, and four other local stations, responded to the call at 12:37 p.m.

11 fire vehicles and 18 firefighters fought the blaze until 9 p.m.

The cottage location, and limited road access, presented a challenge for fire crews.

There were no injuries.

Muskoka Lakes Fire Chief Ryan Murrell wants to remind residents to monitor cooking, ovens and appliance cleaning cycles.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here