Wal-Mart says an associate from their Bracebridge store has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
“We’re keeping the associate in our thoughts and wish them a speedy recovery. We are in contact with local public health. The associate last worked Feb. 20” said Felicia Fefer Manager, Corporate Affairs for Wal-Martt Canada
In a statement to Muskoka411, Wal Mart said safety continues to be a top priority at Walmart. Rest assured, Wal-Mart will continue to take measures to support the well-being of our customers and associates, including:
- Mandatory masks for customers and associates.
- Limiting the number of customers shopping in the store at one time.
- Floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.
- Increased cleaning throughout the store.
- Wellness checks that include a temperature check for all associates at the start of each shift.
- Cleaning shopping carts.
- Encouraging regular handwashing.
- Regular cleaning of work areas (including checkouts).
- Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers, customer service desks and in our pharmacies.
It says increased cleaning throughout the store. The last time I was in the Bracebridge store I headed an announcement over the PA system that it was time for COVID cleaning but all the store associates I saw simply continued doing whatever it was they happened to be working on at the moment. Good cleaning job people. Let’s hear the Walmart cheer for that one
Totally agree. This location, from day one, has appeared to be the least vigilant in Covid protocols. We’ve avoided shopping there as much as possible for that reason.