On February 13, 2021 at 3:35 a.m., members from the West Parry Sound OPP responded to a traffic complaint on Municipal Drive in McDougall Township. Police located the vehicle and initiated an investigation.
As a result of the investigation, passenger, James Mustard, 43 years-of-age of Brantford, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Personation with intent to avoid arrest, prosecution or obstruct justice (identity fraud)
- Obstruct peace officer
- Possess unmarked cigarettes
- Fail to comply with a continued section 7.0.2 order, contrary to Section 10(1) of the Reopening of Ontario Act.
A second passenger, Stephanie Craig, 32 years-of-age of Sudbury, Ontario was also arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Fail to comply with an order made during a declared emergency – stay at home order, contrary to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act OREG 11/21 7.0.11(1).
Both accused are scheduled to appear in Parry Sound courts on March 18, 2021.