Haliburton Highlands OPP have charged a female with multiple charges after a stolen vehicle investigation.
On November 24, 2021, at 9 a.m., officers from the Haliburton Highlands OPP responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in Minden Hills Township.
Shortly after midnight on November 25 that same vehicle passed through a RIDE spot check that officers were conducting on Highway 118 in Dysart et al Township.
As a result of the investigation, Shelby Montgomery, 30 years-of-age, of no fixed address has been charged with the following:
- Operation while prohibited
- Flight from Peace Officer
- Fail to comply with probation
- Fail to comply with release order
- Fail to comply with undertaking
- Theft Over $5,000 of Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
The accused continues to appear in court.