A uniform officer from the Southern Georgian Bay OPP initiated a traffic stop at 2:42 p.m. September 25, 2021 of a white Dodge Charger on Playfair Drive, Tay Township for a traffic violation. After speaking with the driver, the officer made an arrest on an outstanding warrant and further investigation of the vehicle lead to the discovery and seizure of stolen property and traffic related offences.
Charged is Winter Star KING, 35 years of Penetanguishene with the following offences-
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – in Canada contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Fail to have insurance card contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Act
- Obstruct plate contrary to the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
- Drive motor vehicle, fail to display two plates contrary to the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
- Permit use of plate not authorized for vehicle contrary to the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
- Fail to apply for permit on becoming owner contrary to the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
The accused was held for a bail hearing and will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Midland at a future date
Anyone having knowledge of drug or property related investigations is asked to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can submit your information online at https://ontariocrimestoppers.ca/ Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to call display and you will remain anonymous. Being anonymous, you will not testify in court and your information may lead to a cash reward of up to $2,000.00.