On April 28, 2021 Huntsville OPP, Muskoka Crime Unit, Regional Support team (RST) Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) and Toronto Police Service entered into an investigation involving threats with a weapon which occurred in the Huntsville.
As a result of the investigation Erik Zingel, 20 years of East York, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Uttering threats to cause Bodily Harm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous Purpose
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a schedule 3 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance x 2 S 4(1) CDSA
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear on June 2, 2021 in Ontario Court of Justice in Huntsville.