Chimney Fire In The Honey Harbour Area

0

On Tuesday June 1st, Georgian Bay Fire and Emergency Services responded with a full crew just after midnight on Marine 1 to the report of a chimney fire on an island In the Honey Harbour area. When the crew arrived, the cottage owner was able to use a fire extinguisher and put the fire out. The crews used the thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and confirm there was no extension. Crews turned the scene over to the cottage owner and left the scene.

“This is a good reminder that all fire places and and structures that have a chimney need to be maintained and cleaned by a professional to reduce the chance of a chimney fire.” said Deputy Fire Chief Chad Dowell

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!

Please enter your name here