Concerned members of the public have inquired about a possible COVID-19 case at Wal-Mart in Huntsville on Howland Drive.
In a statement to Muskoka411, Wal-Mart Canada said an associate from the Huntsville Wal-Mart store (111 Howland Dr.) has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
“We’re keeping the associate in our thoughts and wish them a speedy recovery. Out of an abundance of caution, associates identified as being in close prolonged contact have been directed to self-isolate” said Felicia Fefer Manager, Corporate Affairs for Wal-Mart Canada. “We are in contact with local public health” she continued.
The associate last worked on December 17th 2020.
Wal-Mart says safety continues to be a top priority at Wal-Mart. Rest assured, we will continue to take measures to support the well-being of our customers and associates, including:
- Increased cleaning throughout the store.
- Wellness checks that include a temperature check for all associates at the start of each shift.
- Limiting the number of customers shopping in the store at one time.
- Cleaning shopping carts.
- Encouraging regular handwashing.
- Regular cleaning of work areas (including checkouts).
- Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers, customer service desks and in our pharmacies.
- Introduced floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.
- Mandatory masks for customers and associates