- Today only, 100 per cent of proceeds from sales of hot coffee and iced coffee will be donated to Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, which sends local youth from disadvantaged circumstances to a multi-year educational program at one of seven Tims Camps across North America and is currently supporting them through an eCamp program.
- The $212 million that has been raised to date through Camp Day has connected more than 300,000 youth between the ages of 12 to 16 with a rigorous strength-based learning program that empowers them to open doors to their future.
Today, Tim Hortons restaurant owners from coast to coast to coast are celebrating the 30th anniversary of Camp Day, with 100 per cent of proceeds from sales of hot coffee and iced coffee being donated to support Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.
Over the past three decades, Camp Day has grown to become one of the most important days on the Tim Hortons calendar and has raised over $212 million, which has supported more than 300,000 youth from disadvantaged circumstances.
With a rigorous strength-based learning model designed specifically for the unique needs of the youth Tims Camps serve, participants are equipped with skills like leadership, resilience, and responsibility, empowering them to open doors to their future.
Here are ways Tim Hortons guests can participate in Camp Day today:
- Place an order for hot or iced coffee at a Tim Hortons restaurant, or through the Tim Hortons app for pickup or delivery
- Proceeds from the sales of a Tim Hortons Take 12 — which includes 12 small coffees along with cups, dairy and sweeteners — are also being donated to the Foundation
- Purchase a Camp Day bracelet for $2 in one of four vibrant colours, with 100 per cent of net proceeds going to the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Round up your order to the nearest dollar in restaurant, or in the Tim Hortons app, with 100 per cent of the balance going to support the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Make a one-time or monthly donation any time at timscamps.com or through the mobile app
“Caring for and supporting the communities we serve is at the heart of Tim Hortons and it’s so inspiring to see how the 1,500 restaurant owners across Canada and their team members proudly support Camp Day each year. Please join us today and buy a coffee to help us make it the most impactful Camp Day yet!” says Axel Schwan, President of Tim Hortons.
The concept behind Camp Day originated as a grassroots fundraiser launched by Tim Hortons restaurant owners in Atlantic Canada, who pledged to set aside a day when all coffee sales would support youth in their communities. The fundraiser got the name “Camp Day Canada” in 1991 and went national with support from restaurant owners across the country.
“As a Tim Hortons restaurant owner, and part of the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps team, I’m so proud of the impact of Camp Day and being able to contribute to so many young people having their potential fully realized,” says Graham Oliver, President of Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.
“These inspiring young people from across the country, from all backgrounds, represent the future of Canada and it’s incredible how the simple act of buying a coffee can make such a difference.”