The Orillia OPP have arrested and charged a Burford man for drug and weapons offences in the City of Orillia.
On October 29, 2021, Orillia uniform members entered into an investigation regarding a stolen vehicle on Millard Street.
Responding Officers stopped the vehicle to commence the vehicle. As a result of that stop the driver was searched incident to arrest where police located drugs, an imitation firearm, weapons, cash, and other indicators of trafficking.
As a result of the investigation police charged, 38 year old, James Donald Sears of Burford, Ontario with:
- Three counts of Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
- Three counts of Possession of a Schedule I Substance.
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose.
- Possession of an Imitation Firearm.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime.
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition.
- Two counts of Breach of Probation.
- Two charges under the Cannabis Control Act.
The suspect was held for a bail hearing, remanded into custody.