There were three new wildland fires confirmed in the Northeast region by late Saturday afternoon.
- Sudbury 5 is located approximately 12 kilometres southeast of Burwash, one kilometre north of Round Lake. It is not yet under control at 8.5 hectares.
- Sudbury 6 is being held at 1.2 hectares on the southwest shore of Lake Panache.
- Parry Sound 1 is not yet under control at 0.1 of a hectare. It is located on the southwest side of McLaren Island, on Georgian Bay and was confirmed late this afternoon.
- There is one other active fire in the region, it is under control.
- The fire hazard is predominantly high south of highway 11 north, and varies from low to moderate in areas along highway 11 north, and northward. Areas surrounding Bancroft are maintaining an extreme hazard this afternoon.
- To see the fire hazard near you, check the interactive fire map at Ontario.ca/forestfire
Help fight forest fires: Stay clear of waterbombers!
When waterbombers approach a body of water, move close to the shore so they can perform their scoop safely.
A waterbomber will not scoop from a lake or river if encroaching watercraft pose a safety hazard.
Be safe, stay clear of waterbombers.