During the month of May 2021, uniform officers from Southern Georgian Bay OPP have responded to public complaints of motorists and commercial vehicles speeding and other related traffic violations on area roadways. Calls to the OPP Communications Centre and through the OPP Online Reporting have been recorded and acted upon as follows-
- Officers attended 41 complaint areas and issued 463 tickets and warned 243 drivers for their driving infractions.
- 102 hours of focused patrol in these noted areas
Officers also provided 13 hours of R.I.D.E. check stops at 19 locations checking 568 vehicles for signs of impairment.
Recently, officers encountered the following stunt driving (50km/hr over the posted limit) incidents resulting in (ADLS) suspensions and vehicle impounds.
- May 25, 2021 66 year old Midland driver stopped, charged and suspended for the offence of Speeding- 143 km/hr in an 40 km/hr construction zone along Simcoe County Road 93, Midland.
- May 22, 2021 20 year old Burlington driver stopped on Highway 400, Georgian Bay Township for the offence of Speeding- 159 km/hr in an 100 km/hr zone and was charged and drivers licence seized.
- May 12, 2021 37 year old Barrie driver stopped on Old Fort Road, Tay Township for the offence of Speeding- 133 km/hr in an 80 km/hr zone and was charged and drivers licence seized.
- June 2, 2021 38 year old Wasaga Beach driver was stopped and charged for the offence of Speeding – 125 km/hr in an 60 km/hr zone, No Insurance and Drive while under Suspension on Baseline Road, Tiny Township