A message from the Township of Lake of Bays:
With the Victoria Day weekend approaching, the Township of Lake of Bays would like to remind residents that Provincial orders are still in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social (physical) distancing of 2 metres (6 feet)
- Do not gather in groups of more than 5 people
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face or mouth
- Self-isolate and limit all public interaction
The Township of Lake of Bays long weekend reminders include:
- Message from Muskoka Mayors: To all our residents – year round and seasonal.
- Fire Ban: There is a Restricted Fire Zone for our area. This ban applies to all open-air fires including, campfires, fireworks, charcoal barbecues, and cooking fires. Cooking appliances such as propane or natural gas cooking equipment and outdoor appliances with mechanical shutoff are permitted.
- Beaches and Parks: All Township recreational parks and amenities continue to remain closed and are not sanitized at this time. Residents are encouraged to obey all posted signage.
For up-to-date health information visit the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website and for municipal information and updates, visit the COVID-19 Updates page on the Township of Lake of Bays website.
Avoid visiting Muskoka, Ontario this holiday weekend.
If you are working from home now is your chance to buy a place on the lake and become a local.
Search “Working From Home Poll Finds Nearly Half Of Canadians Like The New Normal”
Just avoid buying in town at all costs.
Massive savings in dollars and time working from home.
Put the savings toward a place on the lake.
Not commuting for 2 hours/day like millions of others is a massive saving.
Don’t need a second car and the payments and insurance now.
Let alone the savings in child care.
Once schools are open again most people will love working from home alone.
Commute to your home office in your pyjamas in the winter instead of joining millions of others on a risky, longer than normal, winter commute.
Also working from home doesn’t necessarily mean working in town.
Sell your home in town and one of your vehicles and buy a cottage on a lake.
So long as there is good internet.
Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite internet system available later this year has that covered. Broadband speed for $80/mo US. Works from anywhere.
Starlink satellite internet can be used for internet, home phone, tv and radio in remote areas without cell towers.
No water and sewer bills either.
Just that is another $2,400/year saving in Muskoka.
$900 of the $2,400 is only shown/hidden on the property tax under District Water A and District Sewer A. Depends on assessment.
Also $42K to hook up vs $12K in similar areas. 3.5X! Highest in Ontario.
Bracebridge Mayor Graydon Smith said the District’s water and sewer cost is “UNSUSTAINABLE”, “ALARMING”, “UNACCEPTABLE”, “people are struggling to pay their bills”. Capital costs are “incredible”. “Per user cost of capital I can’t imagine is even close to anybody else”.
Avoid at all costs. Buy on the lake instead.
Environmental disaster as well as a financial disaster.
Don’t contribute to all the sewage spills. 1.13 million litres spewed into pristine Muskoka rivers and forests in the last few years alone.
400,000 litres just last fall in Baysville.
Not counting filling resident’s basements with sewage.
For documentation including video of Mayor Smith and a chart from the District detailing the highest costs in Ontario search “Oppose Bracebridge Sewers”.
More from petty facist elected officials. The parks the water and the air are the people’s.
Your civil rights have been taken away by elected officials. Backed up by people who are snitches.
Learn your history, this is not the first time elected officials have taken away citizens rights in the guise of health and welfare of the people.