With the first day of school quickly approaching, the school board wants to reassure families that the board is keeping the health and safety of students and staff as a top priority and they are well-prepared for school start-up. The school board knows that you have many questions and we invite families to join them for a live conversation to discuss what the re-opening of our schools will look like.
The board will be live on the SMCDSB Facebook Page on Wednesday, August 26th at 7 p.m. Families will have an opportunity to hear from a live panel of education and health experts:
- Catherine McCullough, Interim Director of Education
- Lonnie Bolton, Superintendent of Education, Pandemic Planning and Special Education
- Dr. Lisa Simon, Associate Medical Officer of Health, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- Dr. Patrick Carney, Senior Psychologist
- John Barbato, Chief Executive Officer, Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium
- Moderated by: Mark Littlewood, Health and Safety Officer.
Families can ask questions in real-time via comments on Facebook. Please note: They will do their best to answer as many questions as possible. Questions should be generic, i.e., not specific to a specific student or school. Questions not addressed through the livestream event will be reviewed and added to the Q&A document on the website at www.smcdsb.on.ca.
Those who are unable to join the session live will have the opportunity to view the recording at a later time.