Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is taking a gradual and phased approach toward changes to its Visiting Policy, as COVID-19 indicators continue trending in the right direction.
While many restrictions remain in place, effective today some units are increasing the frequency that a visitor may attend based on the following:
- Patients eligible for visiting will be invited to identify their designated visitor and where applicable, an alternate.
- Patients and their visitors will be advised of both the approved duration and frequency of visiting.
- Visiting hours will remain 10am-8pm; with exceptions for compassionate reasons, e.g. end of life, patients in labour, paediatric patients and otherwise at the discretion of the care team.
- All visits are to be scheduled in advance and only pre-approved visitors will be permitted to enter the hospital. All visiting requests can be directed to the OSMH Visitor Hotline 705-325-220, Ext. 8097 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patients requiring assistance to attend outpatient and clinic appointments, are advised to alert the team at the time of their appointment scheduling or to contact the Visitor Hotline in advance of their scheduled appointment.
Full restrictions remain in place for the Emergency Department and other care areas where visiting is at the discretion of the care team and in considering individual patient needs.
Further, please note that;
- All visitors are to enter via the main entrance of the hospital.
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Visitors who fail screening will not be permitted entry into the hospital.
- Visitors are required to wear a hospital issued mask at all times.
- Visitors are to remain with the patient and are not permitted to eat, drink or gather in common areas of the hospital, e.g. the cafeteria or worship centre
Visiting restrictions are subject to change and will continue to be closely monitored in conjunction with provincial guidelines, community transmission and other considerations.