The Township of Tiny is pleased to announce the launch of its new accessible website which has been designed to offer improved navigation and functionality.
The website project was made possible through funding received from the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility, Inclusive Community Grants Program. It was a joint effort between the Township of Tiny, and UpanUp, a Canadian company that specializes in user-focused website solutions. With the leadership of the Township’s Information and Technology department and the hard work of staff, the project was successfully completed to the benefit of users. With the addition of enhanced features, the public will be able to quickly and easily navigate the site. The features include:
- Upcoming Events and News section on the homepage to reduce the number of user clicks to navigate the site.
- Search Functions and Filters that allow members of the public to easily locate the information on the website.
- Popular Resources are now easily navigational allowing for access to popular topics within the Township.
- Rapid Response Functionality allows the site to be compatible with all browsers and mobile devices.
- Accessibility Standards compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). By utilizing the services of UpanUp, it was ensured that the newly designed website would be fully accessible to provide improved and enhanced customer service to all residents. The funding received through the Ministry enabled the Township to produce a website that meets the requirements of the AODA.
- Translation Friendly Content allows for bilingual capabilities to accommodate Tiny’s francophone community.
“Council and staff are continually looking for ways to improve communications between the municipality and the community,” said Mayor George Cornell. “The needs of our residents have changed and in response, we have re-developed our website. As we are now live, we invite the community to explore the website and the new features it has to offer”.
“The new website ties the organization together and allows for each visitor to have the same experience and access to service information, news updates, access programs and events, and other essential information,” said Haley Leblond, Director of Finance. “This website redesign truly enhances our services and the overall experience with the Township.”
Residents are encouraged to visit the new website which features a modern appearance, easier navigation, and new content, at www.tiny.ca.