On Tuesday March 31, 2020 at 5:15 p.m. Almaguin Highlands OPP received a traffic complaint of a possible impaired driver northbound on Highway 11. Police located the vehicle in Emsdale Ontario and subsequently arrested, Paul Flatley, 55 of Muskoka Lakes Township, Ontario.
The driver was charged with the following offences:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drug
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code
- Take motor vehicle without owner consent
- Driving while under suspension
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor
The accused was released from police custody and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday June 25, 2020 in Sundridge Ontario.