The District of Muskoka is pleased to share that the outbreak status at The Pines Long Term Care Home has again been lifted following a period of 14 consecutive days with no new cases.¬† We thank staff for their hard work, perseverance and dedication that made this significant achievement possible.¬† We also thank residents, families and the community for their on-going support and best wishes.
Status of Testing:
- All residents were tested last week and all results were negative.
- Testing of all staff took place this week and so far, all results were negative.
- Scheduled bi-weekly testing of all staff will continue to support early detection of any spread of the COVID-19 virus in the home.
The District remains focused on protecting residents and staff at The Pines Long-Term Care Home from COVID-19 and extensive measures are being taken to ensure the health, safety and well-being of residents and staff remain in place.¬† Information related to plans for resuming safe resident visits will be provided in the coming weeks.
Timeline of events:
The Pines experienced an initial outbreak of COVID-19 after one employee tested positive for COVID-19 on August 30, 2020. Following that initial positive case:
- One resident tested positive for COVID-19 on September 2, 2020.
- The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU)determined that the first outbreak was resolved on September 16, 2020.
- An additional staff member tested positive on September 19, 2020 following bi-weekly testing of all staff members. Regular testing was implemented to support the early detection of COVID-19 in the home. ¬†The infected staff member is believed to have contracted the virus as a result of community transmission, not from the initial outbreak.
- On September 25, 2020 an additional staff member tested positive.
- The outbreak status lifted on October 8, 2020 following 14 days with no additional positive cases.