OPP officers of Southern Georgian Bay have been recently taking an enforcement stance on vehicles with noisy exhaust systems which has had resulted in some interesting charges being issued.
An OPP officer stopped a GMC pick up truck on Galloway Boulevard, Midland at 9:52 p.m. May 5, 2022 while on patrol for a traffic violation. The stop and ensuing investigation of the driver and vehicle resulted in the following Provincial Offences Court Notices for May 19, 2022 being served to a 19-year-old male of Penetanguishene.
- No muffler – motor vehicle
- Drive with headlamp coated
- Defective brakes
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero
- Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle
- Owner – operating vehicle – missing emission control equipment
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
On May 4, 2022 at 1:35 a.m. an OPP officer on patrol on Fuller Avenue, Midland stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. As a result of this roadside investigation, a 40=year-old male of Elk Lake was served a notice to appear before the Provincial Offences Court for Driving while under suspension contrary to the Highway traffic Act