With the province officially opening back up, Muskoka Chautauqua is excited to finally announce the details of their Summer 2021 Arts & Culture Festival. The 2021 festival is confirmed and will be live and in-person from August 6-15 in the historic village of Windermere.
2021 Program highlights include:
- A daily morning yoga and meditation series, guided by Annette Newton
- A series of afternoon artist workshops, from plein-air painting and textiles, to mosaics and still life.
- A collection of lectures and literary events, including a discussion of Muskoka in the Roaring Twenties, a book launch of Treasured Islands – an anthology of Muskoka memories, the 2021 Muskoka Authors Panel, a reveal of The Real Mystery of Tom Thomson and a conversation on Building Cultural Communities with the brilliant Zita Cobb from Fogo Island
- Evening musical acts ranging from Jazz to Blues to Folk, and a free concert by the Toronto All-Star Big Band at the Windermere Wharf, complete with boat-in audiences
- A four-film outdoor documentary film series, curated by the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, including the captivating Portrayal, the aptly named The Quest for Tonewood, the crypto-mystery Dead Man’s Switch and ending with the Hot Docs 2021 Audience Award-winning Hell or Clean Water
- A historic walking tour around Windermere Village
- A family fun art party featuring arts activities for kids and families
Tickets are now available and can be reserved online at www.muskokachautauqua.com/2021-season/. Tickets will go fast, but there is an online waitlist for those who miss securing tickets and they will be given priority as additional seats become available. Tickets to all events in 2021 are by-donation. Arts organizations like ours depend on the generosity of our patrons. Donations cover the cost of artists and production and makes programming accessible for all. Donations of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt.
This year’s festival will proudly employ over 60 artists, staff and production crew. For many performers, this will be one of their first opportunities in over a year to share their talent with a live audience! They hope you’ll join in — supporting them with your applause and your cheers and, where appropriate, your dollars.