Feline in love? Show that special somebunny in your life that you care this Valentine’s Day with a gift that gives back to animals in need. The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has five gifts that animal loving person in your life is sure to appreciate.
- Punny e-cards – Send an e-card to a loved one through the Ontario SPCA’s pawsandgive.ca online giving store. Choose from classic Valentine’s Day designs or get punny with options like “You are my furr-ever,” “I woof you!” and more.
- Gifts that give back – If you prefer giving a gift, pawsandgive.ca also has gifts! From fun t-shirts to gifts for your furry friends, there’s something for everyone.
- Bring love to an animal’s life – If you’ve been thinking of adopting, give an animal the gift of a loving forever home. Visit ontariospca.ca/adopt to see animals patiently waiting for a family to love. Remember, animals are a lifetime commitment, so do your research first. Welcoming a furry friend into your life should be a family decision, not a surprise gift.
- Symbolic gifts – Not in a position to adopt? Help an animal find love with a symbolic gift. You can give Toys to Shelter Pets, help stock a Pet Food Pantry, or help a dog who needs additional support with a Gift of Dog Rehabilitation.
- Bake a difference – Give your sweetheart some cupcakes and donate to the Ontario SPCA in celebration of Cupcake Day, which takes place Feb. 26 but can be celebrated any day in February. Or register and host a cupcake (or pupcake!) party to share the love with all your friends. Visit cupcakeday.ca
As a registered charity, the Ontario SPCA does not receive annual government funding and depends on the generosity of donors to provide care and shelter to animals in need. This Valentine’s Day, give a gift that will change an animal’s life. What could be sweeter?
To learn more, visit ontariospca.ca