The West Parry Sound OPP have investigated 24 domestic related incidents in the month of May 2021, seven of which resulted in someone being charged with a criminal offence.
Some of the charges include:
- Assault – Spousal
- Utter Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
- Importing a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Breach of Firearms Regulations
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
The OPP will not release the names of the accused in order to protect the identity of the victims.
Victims in abusive relationships are not alone. If you are in an abusive relationship or know someone who is, there are local resources here to help. A toll free call can be placed to the Assaulted Women’s Helpline at 1-866-863-0511 where your information will remain anonymous and confidential. You can also visit the following websites for more information:
East & West Parry Sound Victim Services at: www.psvs.ca
24/7 Crisis Line: 705-938-1476
Esprit Place – Outreach programs and Counselling: www.espritplace.ca