The Orillia OPP have arrested and charged two females, from the Niagara area, with numerous theft, drug and weapons offences.
On January 22, 2021, shortly after 12:30 p.m., officers received a call reporting that two females were acting suspicious at a downtown business and had possibly shoplifted. Officers made efforts to locate the females but were unsuccessful at that time.
Later the same day, the Orillia OPP received a report from a Murphy Road business that two females were shoplifting and were currently in the store. Officers responded quickly and located and arrested the two, who were identified as being the suspects from the original call. Further investigation led to the seizure of quantities of, what is suspected to be, Fentanyl and Methamphetamine and two prohibited edged weapons. Officers also recovered numerous stolen items from the two events.
As a result, Amanda Colacci, age 44, from St. Catharines, and Megan Roussy, age 36, from Niagara on the Lake, have been charged with:
- Two counts of possession of a schedule I substance – Opioid
- Possession of a schedule I substance – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a schedule I substance – other drugs
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Two counts of possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – other drugs
- Two counts of possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was prohibited or restricted weapon
- Theft Under $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
Both accused parties were held for bail hearings.