The Orillia OPP have arrested and charged two females, from the Niagara area, with numerous theft, drug and weapons offences.
On January 22, 2021, shortly after 12:30 p.m., officers received a call reporting that two females were acting suspicious at a downtown business and had possibly shoplifted.¬†Officers made efforts to locate the females but were unsuccessful at that time.
Later the same day, the Orillia OPP received a report from a Murphy Road business that two females were shoplifting and were currently in the store.¬†Officers responded quickly and located and arrested the two, who were identified as being the suspects from the original call.¬†Further investigation led to the seizure of quantities of, what is suspected to be, Fentanyl and Methamphetamine and two prohibited edged weapons. ¬†Officers also recovered numerous stolen items from the two events.
As a result, Amanda Colacci, age 44, from St. Catharines, and Megan Roussy, age 36, from Niagara on the Lake, have been charged with:
- Two counts of possession of a schedule I substance – Opioid
- Possession of a schedule I substance – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a schedule I substance – other drugs
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Two counts of possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – other drugs
- Two counts of possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was prohibited or restricted weapon
- Theft Under $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
Both accused parties were held for bail hearings.