Submitted By: Algonquin Family Health Team
The Huntsville Health Care Clinic (HHCC) has worked hard to prepare and has opened
to patients Tuesday February 21, 2023.
• We are open to see patients with cough, cold and flu symptoms AND
• We will now see unattached patients for comprehensive primary care
• HHCC is NOT a walk–in clinic and appointments must be scheduled through
algonquinfht.ca or by calling 705–789–1744.
• Phone lines will be open on February 27th.
• Patients who have a local family doctor or nurse practitioner (NP) will NOT be
seen for primary care and will be redirected to their own offices.
The Algonquin Family Health Team and the Town of Huntsville have been partnering together to create the Huntsville Health Care Clinic, located at The Annex, 1 Minerva Street East.
The HHCC goals are to:
1) Reduce Emergency Department visits.
2) Provide comprehensive primary care to the community for those who do not have a family doctor or nurse practitioner.
We are pleased to announce that the HHCC will expand to provide comprehensive primary care to unattached patients on Tuesday February 28th 2023. Appointments are required and can be booked by calling 705–789–1744. Online appointment booking will soon be available. Patients who have a doctor or nurse practitioner, no matter where the provider is located, will be redirected to their own provider. Please call your primary care provider before calling the HHCC.
The HHCC will not be taking on patients permanently. Patients without a primary care provider are asked to sign up on their local waitlist. Accessing this clinic will not affect your waitlist status.
We understand that there is a great need for primary care in Huntsville and beyond and we are expecting high volumes. Your understanding and patience is important as we start to see unattached patients. Requests for appointments will be returned if we can accommodate you.
Unattached patients in the Huntsville area are encouraged to register on the wait list on the
AFHT website, algonquinfht.ca and can also access virtual care and learn more about where to get care at https://www.mahc.ca/en/services/where–to–get–care–muskoka.aspx