The Orillia OPP have arrested an individual for impaired driving, following a traffic stop in the Township of Oro-Medonte.
On March 17, 2023, at 11:45 p.m., an OPP officer conducted a traffic stop on Highway 11 for a vehicle that was travelling in excess of 186 km/hr on a posted 90km/hr highway. The driver exhibited signs of impairment and was subsequently arrested for impaired driving and transported to a nearby police service for further investigation.
As a result, Police have charged Brandon Boyce, age 26, of Barrie, with:
· Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
· Operation while Impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
· Drive motor vehicle – Perform stunt – Excessive speed (HTA)
· Driving while under suspension (HTA)
· Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor (LLCA,2019)
His driver’s license was subsequently suspended for 90 days, and vehicle impounded for 14 days.
The accused was released on an Undertaking to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Orillia on April 4, 2023.