Haliburton Highlands OPP have laid charges as a result of a single-vehicle collision in Minden Hills Township.
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, Haliburton Highlands OPP responded to a single-motor vehicle collision on Gelert Road in Minden Hills Township. As a result of the police investigation, the driver was charged with numerous offences under the Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Carter McInnis, 27-years-old of Gravenhurst, has been charged with:
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Impaired
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibition Order – two counts
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Trafficking in a Schedule I Substance – two counts
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order – two counts
The accused was released on bail and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on July 7, 2021.