On Wednesday, on behalf of the Town of Gravenhurst, Mayor Heidi Lorenz presented Terence Haight grants to deserving organizations.
“Congratulations to all the recipients and thank you for the excellent work that you do in our community. I know these grants will be used in a meaningful way,” Mayor Lorenz said.
Through the Terence Haight Financial Assistance Program, the town awarded nearly $30,000 to organizations this year.
The town has granted funding annually since 2014. Funding is possible thanks to a generous $1 million-plus gift to the community by the late Terence Haight.
Each year, the town invites groups to apply for funding.
The application process for the latest round of funding started in October 2022 and closed at the end of November 2022.
The Community Grants Committee then reviewed the applications and made funding recommendations to council, which received approval in March of this year.
Funding for 2023 is going to the following groups:
- Gravenhurst Against Poverty – $5,000
- GHS Gryphtech Robotics Club – $4,241
- Gravenhurst Ladies Auxiliary (Legion) – $1,321
- Gravenhurst Royal Canadian Legion – $6,500
- Muskoka Beechgrove Public School – $2,224
- Ryde Community Centre – $2,000
- Safe Quiet Lakes – $700
- Timber Beast Productions – $5,000
- YWCA Muskoka – $3,000