The Gravenhurst Business Improvement Area’s Spring into Summer Art Crawl is taking place this weekend! On Saturday June 24th, 2017 from 10am-5pm, downtown Gravenhurst will be transformed into an art-stravaganza celebrating every form of art from wood working to print making and drawing to photography!
Stroll through beautiful downtown Gravenhurst and visit with artisans showcasing their wares. Learn about different art mediums, purchase a unique piece and enjoy the talents of these individuals. Here’s your guide to everything going on all day:
- 10am-5pm – Arts at the Opera House – Trillium Court (Gravenhurst Opera House)
Don’t forget to stop in at the Opera House and see Trillium Court filled with artisans!
- 10am-5pm – Lawn Roller Relief T-Shirt Printing with Xavier Fernandes – The Parkette Come print your own t-shirt with the help of Orillia artist, Xavier Fernandes and take home a one-of-a-kind souvenir.
- 10am-5pm – Stilt Walker – Downtown Gravenhurst
Watch for the Not-So-Little Tramp, a 9’ tall Charlie Chaplin tribute, roaming the streets of downtown Gravenhurst!
- 10am-1:30pm – Create a Painting – The Gravenhurst Public Library
Join the fun in the Program Room at the Gravenhurst Library and create a painting to donate to the pediatric ward of a public hospital in Cuba. Materials will be provided.
- 10am-3pm – Live Music! – Heritage Square
Come enjoy live music in front of the Opera House, check out this great line-up!
- 10am – Beaver Dam Band
- 11am – Cruis’n Country
- 12pm – Sean Cotton
- 1pm – FOG
- 2pm – Brassworks
- 10:30am-2:30pm – Lions’ BBQ – Stedman’s Parking Lot
Come visit the Gravenhurst Lions Club and enjoy sausage on a bun, jumbo hot-dogs and refreshments!
- 11am-12pm & 1pm-2pm – Figure Drawing with Tim Webb – The Gypsy Market Mews Courtyard
Join Tim Webb and fellow artists in the Courtyard of the Gypsy Market Mews and try your hand at figure drawing with a live model. No supplies or previous experience required!
- 12pm & 2pm – Sawdust City Guided Beer Tastings – The Gypsy Market Mews Courtyard
- 11:30am & 2pm – Muskoka Ukulele Society – Trinity United Church
Enjoy the beautiful sounds of the Muskoka Ukulele Society on the front lawn at the Trinity United Church, two performances for your listening pleasure!
- 12pm-1pm – The Art of Calligraphy with Diannah Benson – Gravenhurst Opera House
“In books lies the soul of the whole of past time,” Diannah will delve further into the history of documentation and evolving styles of lettering up until present day. After the talk, guests are welcome to try calligraphy, only a notebook is required.
Photo Credit: Gravenhurst BIA Facebook