The West Parry Sound OPP has conducted 192 hours of Festive R.I.D.E. during this year’s annual campaign. The campaign started November 23, 2018 and runs through to January 2, 2019.
During this year’s campaign, officers have issued:
- two impaired by alcohol charges
- two 3-day suspensions from roadside tests,
- 25 Highway Traffic Act (HTA) charges including,
- five Seatbelt charges,
- four drive suspend charges,
- two drive disqualified charges,
- two Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act charges,
- seven Schedule I Substance charges, and
- three criminal code charges.
The Festive RIDE is one of the OPP’s most important traffic safety initiatives. The OPP will continue the R.I.D.E. spot checks throughout the year in all detachment areas. All drivers are reminded to drive safe and stay sober. If you plan on consuming alcoholic beverages, plan to not drive. Instead, arrange for a designated driver, take a taxi, or stay overnight.