Orillia OPP have arrested and charged a male and female with numerous drug charges following a traffic stop in the City of Orillia.
On July 31, 2020, shortly before 4:00 pm, members of the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) stopped a vehicle in the parking lot of an east end business while conducting a drug trafficking investigation. Both occupants of the vehicle were arrested and searched and a quantity of drugs were seized.
As a result of the investigation, James Newton, age 50, and Michelle Demaine, age 49, both of Orillia have been charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Opioid
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Opioid
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Other Drugs
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
Both accused parties were released and are set to appear on September 08, 2020 in Orillia Court.