On February 10, 2019 West Parry Sound OPP responded to a traffic complaint on Highway 400 in McDougall Township. The vehicle was reportedly being driven erratically at varying speeds. Shortly after 4:30 p.m. police observed the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop. Police seized suspected Cocaine and Fentanyl. The estimated street value of the drugs seized is approximately $13,000.
Tyrel Roberston, a 25 year-old male from Scarborough, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Opioid (other than Heroin)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
- Fail to comply with Recognizance
- Driving while under suspension
The driver was released on a recognizance of bail and is scheduled to appear in Parry Sound Court on February 28, 2019.