On July 11, 2019 at 9:00 p.m., West Parry Sound OPP received a traffic complaint advising of a possible impaired driver on Hwy 400. Police located the vehicle on Forest St in Parry Sound, OPP stopped a vehicle to ascertain the sobriety of the driver. After speaking to the driver police concluded that the driver was impaired by drug and was transported to the West Parry Sound OPP detachment where further testing was conducted. Police also located, in the drivers possession, a controlled substance suspected to be Cocaine.
As a result of further investigation, William, Coulten Patterson, age 19 of Oro-Medonte Township, Ontario was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Resist peace officer
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
- Drive while under suspension
- Novice driver – presence of drug
The accused is scheduled to appear in Parry Sound Court on September 5, 2019.