On May 3, 2019 at 1:30 p.m, Peterborough County OPP responded to a complaint of a possible impaired driver on Highway 115. The vehicle was located and police arrested the driver for operation while impaired. Through the course of the investigation a quantity of drugs and cash were found and seized.
26-year-old Benjamin MacNab of Gravenhurst, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking of a Schedule I substance-cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking of a Schedule I substance-opioid (oxycodone)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking a Schedule IV substance
- Operation while impaired-alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired-blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Possessing counterfeit money-have in custody
The accused is scheduled to appear in Peterborough Court on June 6, 2019.