On May 3, 2019 West Parry Sound OPP was on patrol on Parry Sound Road in Parry Sound, Ontario. At shortly before 9:00 p.m, a southbound vehicle was spotter travelling at a high rate of speed. As a result, the West Parry Sound Detachment stopped its eighteenth vehicle in 2019 for “Stunt driving”.
As a result of the investigation the officer spoke to the driver and determined that he had consumed alcohol.
Jason Hendrick, a 34-year-old male from Parry Sound, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentrate (80 plus)
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Mischief under $5000
- Race a motor vehicle – excessive speed
- Driving while under suspension
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero
The driver was released and is scheduled to appear in Parry Sound court on June 6, 2019. The vehicle he was driving was impounded for seven days.