- There is one new active fire in the Northeast Region by late Thursday After afternoon.
- Sault Ste. Marie 4 is located north of Algoma Headwaters Provincial Park, 1 km east of Logan Lake. It measures 0.6 hectares and is not yet under control.
- At the time of this update, there were seven other active wildland fires in the region.
- Sudbury 13 is being held at 0.1 of a hectare, it is located approximately 20 km north of Wanapitei Lake.
- Parry Sound 11 is under control at 0.7 of a hectare. It is located south of Fourteen Mile Island Road.
- North Bay 4 is being observed at 0.1 of a hectare. The fire is located on an island on Denedus Lake.
- North Bay 5 is under control at 1.2 hectare and is located east of Rabbit Lake.
- Cochrane 10 measures 74 hectares and is being observed, approximately 100 km southeast of Moose Factory.
- Timmins 4 is under control at 1 hectare, it is located approximately half of a km west of Upper Kasasway Lake.
- Timmins 2 is under control at 4,645 hectares.
- The forest fire hazard is mostly high in the eastern half of the Northeast Region this afternoon. The western half of the region and the Far North are showing a mostly low to moderate hazard while an area northwest of Onaping Falls, between Hwy 129 and Hwy 144, is showing an extreme hazard.
- For up to date forest fire hazard conditions in your area, see the interactive fire map.
Help fight forest fires – stay clear of waterbombers
When waterbombers approach a body of water, move close to the shore so they can perform their scoop. A waterbomber will not scoop from a lake or river if encroaching watercraft pose a safety hazard.
For information about the current forest fire situation: 1-888-220-7242
For updates on the fire situation, visit ontario.ca/forestfire or follow on Twitter @ONforestfires.
To report a forest fire located north of the French and Mattawa rivers, please dial 310-FIRE. To report a forest fire south of these rivers, dial 911.