The Orillia OPP have arrested an Orillia man in connection with multiple robberies at local businesses.
The Orillia OPP received a call of a robbery at a business on Westmount Drive just after 5 a.m. on April 2. A man entered the business with what appeared to be a firearm and a witness provided police with a description of his vehicle. While police were investigating, they received a call for a second robbery at about 5:40 a.m. The suspect entered a business on Atherley Road and demanded cash before he fled the scene without any money. The employee managed to get a description of the suspect and called police. Police got a third call at around 6:30 stating that the suspect went to a business on West Street South, pumped some fuel into his vehicle and stole a few items from the store then left without paying.
Orillia OPP officers were able to link all three incidents to the same suspect with the assistance of the Major Crime unit.
Reece Finlay, 32, of Orillia has been charged with:
- Two counts of Armed Robbery Contrary to Section 343(d) of the Criminal Code.
- Two counts of Disguise with Intent Contrary to Section 351(2) of the Criminal Code.
- Two counts of theft Under $5,000.00 Contrary to Section 334(b) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose Contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code.
- Imitation Firearm While Committing an Offence Contrary to section 85(2)(a) of the Criminal Code.
Finlay is being held in custody pending a bail hearing on April 4 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Barrie.
If you have information about suspected unlawful activity, please contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or visit Crime Stoppers at www.crimestopperssdm.com or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).