On Friday and Saturday, July 6 and 7, 2019, West Parry Sound OPP Marine Unit and Conservation officers with the Ministry of Natural Resources were patrolling Mill Lake in McDougall, and Lake Manitouwabing in McKellar Township, Ontario.
During vessels checks, five operators registered an ALERT on an alcohol screening device and were issued a 3day suspension of their driver’s licence.
Eight charges were laid under the Liquor Licence Act.
Five charges were laid under the Small Vessel Regulations.
On July 7, 2019 at 12:30 a.m. on Mill Lake in McDougall, West Parry Sound OPP Marine Unit observed a vessels operation. The vessel was stopped and the operator:
David Evans, age 20, of Collingwood, was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Operate a vessel/pleasure craft without prescribed competency
- Failing to exhibit stern light on power driven vessel
- Failing to exhibit side lights on power driven vessel
The accused is scheduled to appea in Parry Sound Court on August 15, 2019.