On Friday and Saturday, June 7 and 8, 2019, the West Parry Sound OPP Marine Unit were patrolling Healy Lake and the waters of Georgian Bay in The Archipelago Township, Ontario.
During vessels checks, two operators registered an “ALERT” on an alcohol screening device and were issued a 3-day suspension of their driver’s licence.
On June 8, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. in the area of Five Mile Bay in The Archipelago Township, West Parry Sound OPP Marine Unit conducted a vessel check. After speaking with the operator, officers detected an odour of alcohol. The operator registered a “FAIL” on an alcohol screening device and was transported to the West Parry Sound OPP detachment where further testing was conducted.
Robert Anderson, age 49, of The Archipelago Township was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus),
- Failure to have proof of competency on board a pleasure craft,
- Operating non-human powered pleasure craft without prescribed visual signals on board
- Operating pleasure craft without transferring licence
The accused is scheduled to appear in Parry Sound Court on July 18, 2019.