Special weather statement in effect for:
- Bracebridge – Gravenhurst
- Huntsville – Baysville
- Port Carling – Port Severn
- Town of Parry Sound – Rosseau – Killbear Park
- Deep River – Whitney – Eastern Algonquin Park
- Western Algonquin Park – Lake of Two Rivers
- Bayfield Inlet – Dunchurch
- South River – Burk’s Falls
- Haliburton – Minden – Southern Haliburton County
- Oxtongue Lake – Fort Irwin – Northern Haliburton County
Early season accumulating snowfall event Monday and Monday night.
Latest indications suggest near 5 centimetres of snow will fall in most areas Monday. Additional snow Monday night will bring total snowfall amounts to near 10 centimetres and in some locales, 10 to 15 centimetres by Tuesday morning.
The snow affecting Ontario is a result of a low pressure system tracking from the Southern U.S. plains into Southern Ontario on Monday.
There is still some uncertainty with the forecast track of the low, which will affect total snowfall amounts across the region.
Driving conditions are expected to deteriorate Monday. Motorists should allow extra time to reach their destination.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.