Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the records management program and its related functions. This includes providing technical assistance and training to staff to ensure compliance with the records management program and freedom of information requests.
Summary of Position (for full details please refer to the Job Description):
- Ensure corporate compliance with legislative requirements, and The Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS) records classification and retention schedule system for the lifecycle of all paper and electronic records.
- Develops and updates records management policies and procedures based on best practices, current research and input from staff.
- Implement and provide support in the management of records including sorting, filing, merging, labeling, storing, retrieving, listing, cataloguing, and makes recommendations for disposal in accordance with legislation.
- Assist staff in the management of records, providing advice and training where needed.
- Develop a variety of training materials for staff and delivers teaching sessions in records management best practices to staff.
- Lead the records management liaison committee; guide the discussions and provide research on best practices for group discussion.
- Maintain compliance with relevant policies, standards, the records retention by-law, legislation, regulations, related to records management including but not limited to Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Assist with freedom of information requests, which includes searching for and reviewing responsive records.
- Provide input, direction and support to the IT function in the development and implementation of an electronic records management system.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the field of records management.
- Performs work of an archival nature regarding permanent records.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Post-secondary education in records and information management, such as a certificate in records management, archival, information techniques, or equivalent.
- 2 years previous experience in information and/or records management including management of automated and manual retention/preservation/lifecycle processes, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Strong understanding of municipal government structure, function and legislative impacts, specifically as it related to the Municipal Elections Act.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees and members of the public, both in person, telephone or electronically.
- Strong technological proficiency in computer software programs such as Laserfiche.
- Highly developed organizational, communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to cope with competing demands and multiple tasks.
Salary range for the position is $56,019 – $65,946 per annum based on a 35-hour week.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter that clearly outlines their qualifications and relevant experience no later than 8:00 am on January 28, 2019 online at https://www.muskokalakes.ca/content/employment-opportunities
If you require disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources department as soon as possible. Accommodation may be provided in all steps of the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.