The Town of Huntsville has opened a 24-hour Registration and Inquiry Centre at the Canada Summit Centre to help residents with general inquiries and shelter options as flooding continues.
Environment Canada has forecasted significant rainfall over the next few days, meaning water levels and flow will remain high in the Town of Huntsville and surrounding Port Sydney area. The Registration and Inquiry Centre at the Summit Centre on 20 Park Drive will continue to remain open 24-hours a day until further notice. Residents are advised that properties using well water in flooded areas should assume the water is not safe to drink. Water test kits are available at the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit located at 34 Chaffey St in Huntsville.
For sand/sandbags, contact:
- Home Depot at 9 Ott Drive in Huntsville 705-788-5000 (bags only)
- Sunbelt Rental (formally CRS) at 40 Cairns Cres. in Huntsville 705-788-7718 (bags only)
- Hutcheson Sand & Gravel at 1265 Aspdin Road in Huntsville 705-789-4457 (sand and bags)
- Muskoka Rock Company at 815 Muskoka Road 3 N in Huntsville 705-789-0883 (free sand only)
- Port Sydney Fire Hall at 387 South Mary Lake Road in Port Sydney (free sand and bags)
- Burrow’s Pit at 7 Burrow Pit Lane (free sand and bags)
Remember to bring a shovel to the locations that are offering sand. To contact the Registration and Inquiry Centre at the Canada Summit Centre, call 705-789-6421 Ext. 0. For flooding resources visit the Town of Huntsville website.