The Town of Bracebridge would like to notify residents that The Hallmark Movie Channel will be filming a movie called “Christmas in Grand Valley” for three days (October 13, 16 and 17th) in Downtown Bracebridge. During this time, there will be intermittent traffic stoppages in the Downtown area; restricted parking in some sections; and the complete closure of one parking lot in Downtown Bracebridge in the coming week.
Film crews will be onsite transforming our Downtown (from Taylor Road to Ontario as well as parts of Memorial Park) into a Christmas wonderland. Businesses will be open as usual although residents are encouraged to review the following details when considering parking and travel in the coming days.
Intermittent Traffic Stoppages:
• Manitoba Street from Taylor Road to Ontario Street will experience intermittent traffic stoppages of up to 3 minute intervals while filming is taking place. These temporary traffic stoppages will be directed by paid duty OPP officers.
Parking Lot Closure:
• The Hiram Street Parking lot will be closed from October 12 to October 18th.
• Rene Caisse Lane will be closed on October 13, 16 and 17.
Restricted Parking Options:
• There will be restricted parking on sections of Manitoba Street between Taylor Road and Ontario Street.
• There will be restricted parking in the RBC Parking Lot and the Public Library Parking Lot at certain times.
Recognizing the importance of the Manitoba Street thoroughfare, the Town of Bracebridge and the District of Muskoka have taken measures to ensure that signage, to inform the public of potential delays, is in place well in advance of this event. Residents are asked to consider their downtown parking options and travel routes starting October 13th.