City of Kawartha Lakes OPP were busy this past weekend, including three separate incidents on November 3, 2019 that resulted in impaired drivers being arrested.
A vehicle being operated in an erratic manner on Kawartha Lakes Road 48 was stopped by an officer and the subsequent investigation led to the driver, Angus Olliffe, 22 years of age, of Algonquin Highlands Township, being charged with the following offences:
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
- Possession of over 30grams dried cannabis (or equivalent) in a public place
- Fail to user lower beam – oncoming
- Operation while ability impaired – alcohol and drug
- Operation while ability impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
The accused is scheduled to appear in Lindsay on Court December 5, 2019.