On May 25, 2017 Parry Sound OPP conducted RIDE along with the OPP K9 Unit, Anishinabek Police Service, Ministry of Transportation Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspectors, and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Conservation Officers on Highway 69 at Pointe Au Baril. This campaign focused on the high risk behaviours known as the Big Four which include impaired, aggressive, inattentive driving and the lack of seatbelt use.
As a result of this traffic initiative the following provincial offences were issued:
- One breach of recognizance
- Two fail to surrender driver licence
- One drive no licence
- Two fail to complete pre-trip inspection
- One charge for speeding
- Four seatbelt charges
- One liquor other than residence
- One possesses contraband Tobacco
- Three possessions of marihuana
During the traffic safety campaign, approximately 500 vehicles were stopped. The OPP would like to remind all drivers to keep safety in mind at all times when enjoying Ontario’s roadways, waterways and trails.