Road Operations crews are set to begin the Town’s annual spring street sweeping program. The goal of this program is to clean all urban sidewalks and streets of sand and other debris deposited over the winter.
How can you help?
• Ensure vehicles do not overhang onto the road or sidewalk;
• Keep basketball or hockey nets off the road and away from the edge of the curb;
• Ensure waste / recycling containers are not placed on the road;
• Do not park vehicles on the road during street sweeping operations; and
• Do not sweep / push sand and other debris into piles on the road, as the sweeper will not
effectively be able to remove it.
Residents are reminded that private roadways are not swept by our Public Works crews, as this is not the responsibility of the Town.
To date, our sidewalks have been swept. Commencing the week of May 6, the Town will street sweep the downtown core, followed by local district roads and urban streets.
Residents are reminded that the program itself takes 6 to 8 weeks to complete. The Town will provide updates on its street sweeping program as required. We appreciate your patience. Thank You!