The Orillia OPP arrested six suspects in relation to a drug investigation at a Memorial Avenue hotel just before noon on March 14.
Members of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) and Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) were on the scene to assist in the arrests as the suspects attempted to leave. All six of the accused are in custody and awaiting a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Barrie on March 18, with the exception of Darcen Power who is in custody and awaiting a bail hearing on March 29.
Those charged as a result of the investigation are:
- Paul Hart-Payne, 25, of Orillia
- Daniel McManus, 23, of Orillia
- Darcen Power, 26, of Orillia
- Devin Shilling, 27, of Rama First Nation
- Brody Thompson, 19, of Orillia
- Victoria Baycroft, 27, of Orillia
All six are have been charged with the following drug related offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Heroin
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Opioid (other than heroin)
Several of the accused have been charged with additional Criminal Code offences, including Thompson who has been charged with:
- Breach of Recognizance
- Carry concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
If you have information about suspected unlawful activity, please contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or visit Crime Stoppers at www.crimestopperssdm.com or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).