With winter weather on its way, the Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium reminds all Simcoe County students and parents that school vehicle cancellation information is available on the SCSTC website at: www.simcoecountyschoolbus.ca and via the SCSTC Twitter account @SCSTC_SchoolBus.
Information about school vehicle cancellations:
– Student safety is always the priority.
– Weather-related school vehicle cancellations are determined by SCSTC contracted School Vehicle Operators in consultation with the SCSTC.
– Cancellation information is provided by the SCSTC to local media for broadcast.
– If school vehicles are cancelled in the morning, the decision remains in effect for the entire school day.
– School vehicle cancellations may be specific to a single weather zone, include multiple weather zones or a full Simcoe County cancellation. You can find your school’s weather zone by visiting the SCSTC website.
– When school vehicles are cancelled, schools remain open for student learning. The decision to close schools rests with your school board’s Director of Education.
For more information, including the criteria for cancellations and other FAQs, visit: www.simcoecountyschoolbus.ca