The Ontario Government is launching a celebration of local food in time for the holidays.
As people prepare their holiday spread and festive treats Ernie Hardeman, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs is encouraging people to choose local Ontario foods and share their creations to inspire others and share the local festive spirit. People are invited to share their shots on social media as part of a Festive Local Food celebration.
- Cook, bake or make your favourite dish or dessert using food grown and processed in Ontario – whether for entertaining friends and family, or to give as a gift;
- Snap a photo and post it to social media between December 6-21 using the hashtags #festiveONTfood and #loveONTfood;
- Follow and keep an eye out for your creation! Foodland Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs will share holiday inspiration featuring local food on the following channels:
- Foodland on Facebook (@FoodlandOntario)
- Foodland on Twitter (@FoodlandOnt)
- Foodland on Instagram (@foodlandontario)
- OMAFRA on Twitter (@OMAFRA)
Locally sourced seasonal favourites like turkey, sweet potatoes, cranberries, apples, greenhouse vegetables, eggs, milk, cheese and preserves are all in season.
Photo Credit: Wonderfully Women