The holiday shopping season is well underway. Unfortunately this can also provide a very prosperous opportunity for thieves. OPP would like shoppers to help reduce crime and prevent being victimized yourself by using these safety and security tips while shopping.
- Keep wallets and purses safely secured on your person at all times.
- Don’t carry large amounts of currency. Utilize debit and credit cards and remember to protect and shield your personal identification number (PIN).
- If using cash obtained from banking machines (ATM), be wary that stand-alone units are known to be targets of various card skimming devices.
- Don’t carry large amounts of gifts. Take them to your vehicle and secure them out of sight in the trunk or under a blanket.
- Always make sure your vehicle is locked. When it comes to your unattended vehicle, an unlocked door or an open window is an invitation to thieves.
Crime Prevention…It’s everyone’s business.