The OPP Orillia arrested the driver of a vehicle for driving while impaired by drugs and possession of a weapon in the Township of Oro-Medonte.
On September 9, 2020 at 3:15 a.m. Orillia OPP were conducting traffic enforcement on Line 7 South in the Township of Oro-Medonte. Police stopped a vehicle for a traffic infraction. Upon speaking with the driver an investigation under the Cannabis Act was commenced. A subsequent investigation was conducted for driving while impaired by drugs. A Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) was dispatched to evaluate the driver of the vehicle.
Christopher Kemmers, 28, of Barrie was arrested and charged with:
- Impaired Operation by Drugs
- Possession of a Prohibited Device
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis
- Possession of Cannabis for the purpose of Selling
The driver was released with a court date in mid November.